This is a year-long course designed to be the equivalent of a one-semester, introductory college course in environmental science. The course has a significant lab and field investigation component. Themes of Christian stewardship and sustainability are woven throughout the course, but always subject to the mandate God gave to Adam to “take dominion” over creation. There will also be opportunities to distinguish between a Biblical concern to protect and preserve the world God created, and the secular tendency to make an idol out of “environmentalism”. This also involves analyzing the assumptions that lie behind the environmental science and the claims made in public discourse on the subject. Upon completion of the course the student will be prepared to take the AP® Environmental Science exam.
- The student will learn to identify and analyze environmental problems, both natural and human-‐made from a Biblical worldview.
- The student will learn to evaluate the risks associated with environmental problems and examine alternative solutions for resolving and/or preventing them within the context of Biblical stewardship.
- Miller, G.T, and Spoolman, S.E. (2015). Living in the Environment, 18th Ed. Stamford CT: Cengage Learning.
- Kent, M. (2015). Advanced Environmental Science Lab Investigations. K4 Lab Kits Inc.
- AP Environmental Science Lab Kit form K4 Lab Kits. Purchased directly from K4 Lab Kits.
Note: AP® and Advanced Placement® are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.