For Students Entering the School of Rhetoric in 2019
Download the Updated version here as a PDF. As of 2019, there is a requirement that at least two periods covered by The Great Conversation period be taken at WHA. This includes the ancient period (either The Great Conversation 4 or The Great Conversation 1+4) and one other period from The Great Conversation 3, 5 or 6.
For Students Enrolled in the School of Rhetoric prior to 2019
|History||4||1 each from the periods – Ancient, Medieval, Modern (as covered in The Great Conversation series), and 1 additional history elective.|
|1 each from the periods – Classical, Medieval, Modern (as covered in The Great Conversation series), and 1 additional literature elective.|
|Logic 1 & 2, are prerequisites for Rhetoric 1 and will receive elective credit when taken in grades 9-12. Logic 1 may be taken in 8th grade as a prerequisite for Logic 2, but with no credit toward graduation. Rhetoric 2 with Senior Thesis must be taken at WHA.|
|Theology||1||May be earned as part of The Great Conversation series.|
|Electives||3||In addition to the ones listed for History and Literature.|
* A student must have successfully completed Latin through Latin 2 in the Upper School (Grades 7- 12). Language credit will be given only for courses completed in Grades 9-12.
In some cases a student may receive credit for a course taken in grade 8, but that will be decided on a case-by-case basis by the WHA Registrar. Courses that might normally be taken in Grades 9-12 may be shown on the official Transcript; however, they will usually not be shown for credit toward meeting Graduation Requirements.
Credits may be earned at Wilson Hill Academy or as Transfer Credits** from their home school or another educational institution.
** Transfer Credits: A student who transfers to Wilson Hill Academy in grade 10 or above or takes courses outside of Wilson Hill Academy in grades 9-12 must submit an official transcript for all coursework for which he/she would like to receive credit toward graduation from WHA. Transcripts will be reviewed, and course credits will be approved for Transfer Credit by the WHA Registrar.
A student who wishes to earn a diploma and graduate from Wilson Hill Academy must satisfactorily complete the minimum number of course credits required for graduation and meet one the following criteria:
- A student who wishes to graduate from Wilson Hill Academy in June, 2018, or in a future year, must meet one of the following criteria based on his/her 2016-17 enrollment status:
- Students enrolled in 9th grade or above prior to 2016-17 must satisfactory complete an average of at least 3 courses (not credits) at Wilson Hill Academy per year for the years they are enrolled in Wilson Hill Academy in order to graduate and receive a diploma from WHA.
- Students entering Wilson Hill Academy in 9th Grade in 2016-17 and following must meet the graduation requirements for credits at WHA and satisfactorily complete at least 12 courses (not credits) at Wilson Hill Academy in order to graduate and receive a diploma from WHA.
- Students entering Wilson Hill Academy in 10th Grade must meet the graduation requirements for credits at WHA and satisfactorily complete at least 10 courses (not credits) at Wilson Hill Academy in order to graduate and receive a diploma from WHA.
- Students entering Wilson Hill Academy in 11th must meet the graduation requirements for credits at WHA and satisfactorily complete at least 7 WHA courses in order to graduate and receive a diploma from WHA.
November 1, 2017