This agreement is for the purpose of running an efficient and effective online school.
Parental Responsibility: Parents are expected to take primary responsibility for the student’s education. This includes monitoring student exams as needed, and providing a level of accountability for attendance, class behavior and completion of assigned work. Parents are also expected to procure and provide all required equipment and materials needed for each registered course along with providing an environment conducive to active participation in the online classroom free of distractions (either for the student or for others in the class). Students are encouraged to grow in their independent ability to take personal responsibility for completion and on-time submission of assignments, including conformity to any required formats.
Classroom Etiquette & Rules of Behavior: The registering of a student is an affirmation that parents and Student have read and agree with these standards:
- Biblical behavior standards will be followed at all times.
- Discussion is encouraged, but normal consideration for others is expected. This includes refraining from interruptions and ensuring that discussions are germane to the topic at hand. Chat facilities are intended to enhance class participation and should not be used in a manner that becomes a distraction for the student or others. The teacher has the final say on this topic.
- Background noise or music is not permitted.
- Students, Parents, and Auditors may not share passwords and logins with anyone without express written permission by Wilson Hill Academy.
Students may be expelled without refund for inappropriate behavior in the classroom.
Adherence to Social Media Policy: Wilson Hill Academy welcomes the use of social media as part of participation in the school, seeing it as a way to leverage technology in the interests of furthering the mission of the school. Recognizing that technology also provides a false sense of anonymity that can lead to inappropriate usage, however, WHA holds employees, teachers, students and their parents to a high standard of conduct related to the use of social media as it relates to the school. On-line social media interaction between individuals is essentially no different than face-to-face interaction, and should therefore follow Biblical guidelines of propriety. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Posting of negative or pejorative comments about other students, teachers or the school itself without having first followed the guidelines implicit in Matthew 18 will not be tolerated.
- Developing and maintaining on-line “friend” relationships between students and teachers should in most cases be avoided. When such relationships do occur, there should be great care to avoid inappropriate blurring of the distinction between teacher and student, bearing in mind the role of the teacher as a model and the uneven power dynamics implicit in such relationship.
Please be aware that the school considers discretion and prudent judgment in the online social networking activities to be a serious matter with respect to protecting the school, its students, its teachers and other employees. As such, violations of the Social Media Policy may lead to corrective action up to and including dismissal (for teachers or employees) and expulsion without refund (for students). Refer to the full Social Media Policy for further guidelines.
General Requirements: The following general requirements apply:
- Student must have immediate access to all books and other required materials used for the course in the version stipulated by Wilson Hill Academy.
- If a family has more than one student enrolled in the same class, each student must have his/her own computer, microphone, and internet connection.
- Teacher may restrict Student in any way he/she deems advisable to minimize the adverse effect on others in the class.
- Student must have a reasonable ability to type on a computer keyboard.
- Communications by Teacher to any Parents or Student will generally be sent by email. An email will be deemed to have been received and read 24 hours after it is sent to the last provided email address.
Grade Reports: All written assignments and quizzes will receive a grade by the teacher. There will also be a semester final. Progress reports will be issued at the end of the first and third terms. A progress report in the form of a grade report card will be viewable by parents within two weeks following the end of each semester. Students will have access to grades and graded assignments.
Due Dates: All assignments are due in the manner prescribed by the teacher at midnight Eastern Standard Time on the due date.
Attendance and Make-Ups: Archives of missed classes are posted and must be viewed by absent students in a timely manner. Student is responsible for obtaining any notes or assignments from any class from another student or any bulletin board maintained by the teacher.
Writing Quality: It is assumed that students will have sufficient mastery of writing skills including grammar, vocabulary and expression commensurate with the level of the class. Parents expressly state that this is the case by registering the student.
Fees, Payment & Refunds: The tuition may vary by class as specified in the registration system. Unless the payment plan option below is selected, the total cost is payable at the time of registration. For full year courses, the following withdrawal & refund policy applies:
- Withdrawal requests received within 2 weeks of registration and prior to June 1 will receive a 100% refund less a $50 administrative fee.
- Withdrawal requests received prior to June 1 and after 2 weeks from the date of registration will receive a 75% refund.
- Withdrawal requests received after May 31 and before July 1 will receive a 50% refund.
- Withdrawal requests received after June 30 will not receive a refund of any amount.
For summer school enrollments, the following withdrawal & refund policy applies:
- Withdrawal requests received at least 30 days prior to the start of classes and within 1 week of registration will receive a 75% refund.
- Withdrawal requests received at least 30 days prior to the start of classes and at least 1 week after the date of registration will receive a 50% refund.
- Withdrawal requests received within 30 days of the start of classes will not receive a refund of any amount.
All withdrawal requests must be received in writing (Wilson Hill Academy, PO Box 50115, Austin, TX 78763) or by email to Admin@WilsonHillAcademy.com
Payment Plan Option: When paying by credit card on the registration site, full payment is due and the refund policy above applies. For those students and parents desiring a payment plan option, the following process and policy applies:
- Select the “check” option under “Payment Method”.
- A 30% non-refundable deposit is due within 2 weeks of registration.
- The balance of the tuition is due by June 30 (for full year courses) or 30 days before the start of classes (for summer school courses).
- Checks should be mailed to the Wilson Hill Academy address above in time to be received by the stated deadline.
Late Enrollment: Any student enrolling in a class after the class has met will be considered to be a Late Enrollee. Details of payments, credit for the class, etc. vary based on the class. Details are available for any given situation by contacting Wilson Hill Academy directly.
Statement of Faith: We believe in the inerrancy of scripture and the birth, death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! All teachers are required to affirm their belief in the Nicene Creed.
Written Assignment Standards: Assignments must be posted as directed by the Teacher. Unless directed otherwise by teacher the body of the assignment shall:
- Be submitted in a format readable by Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx, or .rtf)
- Be typed in Times New Roman type font, 12 points.
- Have the header (student’s name, the date, the course name/section and the assignment name) in the upper right-hand corner of the first page.
- Have the title centered across the top of the page below the header.
- Be double-spaced.